Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Parmesan Chicken Sticks update

I thought they were pretty good.  Josh loved them, but then, by his admission, he loves any kind of breaded chicken.

I used a combination of Parmesan cheese and Romano.

I'm not sure about the medium-low cooking directions.  I found it necessary to cook at med to med-high. 

I also had to add a little more oil with each batch.  In the future, I think I'll skip the butter entirely.

Josh asked about a dipping sauce, so I whipped up a quick gravy.  I used one can of diced tomato with sweet onion, added a splash of red wine, some garlic powder and a little bit of dried Italian seasoning mix.  A quick mash with my potato masher, yielded a chunky but well mixed sauce.  Josh seemed pleased with the results.

2 comments:

  1. Did the coating come out crispy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of them did, some of them not so much. I think less oil was key and a hotter pan.

    ReplyDelete