Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Date Night 11/16/11

Work has been a real bear for Joshua of late.  Thus I want tonight's Date Night to be exceptional.

But I don't really want to go out for anything.  A well stocked larder always pays off.

Since Josh loves, I mean LOVES chicken cutlets, especially with cheese and spaghetti, I found what I hope will be a perfect Date Night dinner.

It's from Racheal Ray's Big Orange Book.  It's called "Chicken Cutlets and Spaghetti with Peppers and Onions.

I couldn't find it online and I'm not about to type the whole thing for you.  Sorry.  I will give you some highlights, though.

The chicken (after being opened like a book and pounded within a 1/4 inch of it's life) is rubbed with a garlic herb paste.  These probably aren't the Italian herbs you are expecting.  They are rosemary and thyme.

Here is where I have to do some major improvising. The recipe calls for 1 red bell pepper, 1 green bell pepper, and one cubanelle.  What I have on hand is 1/4 of a red bell pepper.  I may have a jar of roasted red pepper, too.  And I know I have red pepper flakes.

I'm going to have make that work.

I am also going to make chocolate mousse. (Snap! I don't have any cream!  Thus I have to go out which means I can get the necessary peppers.  Friggle snitch!)

Must leave now.  Mousse must have to time to chill.

This is all such a departure from what I had originally planned. Chicken, brussel sprouts, and leftover mashed.

I guess I'll eat the sprouts for lunch. Mmmm.

happy cooking