So tonight's date night breaks down like this (and I will include points and WW recipes where appropriate):
Rondele Garlic and Herb Light Cheese spread (1 pt for 2 T + 1 dairy credit and 1 veggie credit) on crackers for Josh, in cucumber cups and celery for me. I bet Josh eats at least one of my cucumber cups.
Rolled Chicken Cordon Bleu (7 pts)
Rolled Chicken Cordon Bleu
|4 spray(s) cooking spray, or enough to coat chicken|
|1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz pieces|
|3 oz cooked lean ham, four 3/4 oz slices|
|3 oz low-fat Swiss cheese, four 3/4 oz slices|
|1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour|
|1/4 cup(s) honey mustard|
|1/2 cup(s) seasoned breadcrumbs, Italian-style|
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound
to 1/4-inch thickness; remove plastic wrap. Arrange 1 slice of ham and 1
slice of cheese on each chicken breast.
- Starting from shorter end of chicken, roll up breast into a tight pinwheel. Tuck in ends. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place flour, honey mustard and bread crumbs in 3 separate shallow
bowls. Add chicken to flour; turn to coat. Transfer chicken to honey
mustard; turn to coat. Place chicken in bread crumbs; turn to coat.
- Transfer chicken to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 40 minutes. Remove toothpicks and serve.
Caramel Cookies (1 pt each)
|1/2 cup(s) unsalted butter, softened|
|1 cup(s) packed brown sugar, dark|
|1 large egg(s)|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|1 cup(s) all-purpose flour|
|3/4 cup(s) whole wheat flour|
|1/4 tsp table salt|
|1/2 tsp baking soda|
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar, egg
and vanilla extract. Add remaining ingredients and beat thoroughly.
- Scrape dough out of bowl and onto a large piece of plastic wrap.
Roll dough into a log, about 2 1/2-inches wide; completely wrap dough in
plastic and refrigerate until firm, at least 20 minutes or up to
- Cut dough into 1/8-inch-thick slices and arrange on several large
ungreased cookies sheets about 1- to 1 1/2-inches apart. Bake until
lightly browned around edges, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for about 1 minute and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Yields 1 cookie per serving.
- Add some spice to these cookies by sprinkling a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg into the batter.
With appetizer, Josh will be drinking Moscato. I will be having a 0 calorie/point fizzy citrus water thing.
With dinner, we will both have a glass of white wine (4 pts for 5oz)
With dessert, Brandy Alexanders (10 points and 1 dairy credit)
All in all, I think this will be a very satisfying meal. I will go over my daily points, but that's what the weekly bonus points are. Also, I've tracked 9 activity points which get used first. I have sheets to change, a workout to do, and cookies to bake.