Thursday, November 10, 2011

It's a new day

And this is a day when I don't usually cook.  Frozen pizza is the order of the day on Thursday.

Call it tradition.

Josh works from noon to 8:00 tomorrow, so there is no real dinner planned for tomorrow.  It's entirely possible you won't hear from me till Monday.  Just wanted to let you know.

Updates from last night's Date Night meal.  Cocktail (it was more a mixed drink than a cocktail) was good.  A little odd, but good.  I forgot the anchovies on Josh's salad, but I did remember to hard boil some eggs.  Steaks were great; horseradish sauce was excellent; broccoli steamed to perfection.  Appetizer was good...mostly it was easy.  Pineapple dessert was sweet and juicy.

I didn't mention the potatoes.  They were undercooked, and subsequently hard.  We really don't love baked potatoes.  If you have any fool proof tips, I'd love to have them.

That's all I have to say.

happy cooking

1 comment:

  1. How did the apricot-mustard sauce turn out? It sounds interesting although I'm not a big fan of mustard.

    ReplyDelete