Monday, November 7, 2011

French Onion Soup

So as it starts to get cold, my mind turns to soup.  I've made my mushroom soup twice already, although I really only got to eat it once.  And, well, we really like our French Onion Soup.

Thus I have spent parts of the last four days looking for what I hope will be a fabulous recipe.

I think I found it.  It's Tyler Florence's recipe.

I know from all the other recipes that I've found, that it will take longer (significantly longer) to caramelize the onions.  I also think that I'll add more thyme.

I think that I usually prefer a French Onion Soup made with white wine and chicken stock.  Yet our favorite (I'm pretty sure) is made with red wine and beef stock...just like this recipe.  We'll see how it compares.

I do realize that this recipe serves many more than just hubby and me.  That's the purpose of a freezer.

I shall report back on the work:taste ratio tomorrow.

So I told you what we're having for dinner tonight.  How about you?

happy cooking

1 comment:

  1. I like Tyler Florence. And I like french onion soup. I don't like things that take a long time to make, however. Hm. Save me some. ;) PS - did you really want your address to show up at the end of this post? Makes me nervous. Handy though as I do want to send you something if I can still get it... What a tease I am!!

    ReplyDelete