Monday, June 14, 2021

One of the things that I learned about myself a long time ago is that I like to feel a measure of control.  I don't think that's unusual.  It's just really difficult in the world we live in.  

So I control what I can.  Like I make the bed every morning. And I make lists.  Lots of lists.  Grocery lists. To do lists.  I even made a list of blog topic ideas this morning.  It's kind of an obsession, but it makes me feel in control.  I actually relax a little when I make my list for the next day.  Maybe I'm weird.

One of the things that makes me feel super in control is meal planning.  It's not just helpful on my weightloss journey (although it really is key).   It allows me to be more efficient when I do my marketing.  I keep my lists on my phone and check things off as I get them.  I love checking things off!    

The topic of today's blog (and maybe all future Monday entries) is this week's meal plan.  This won't be super exciting, but here goes:

MONDAY  I have been making Meatless Monday meals for a couple of years now.  I married a real meat and potatoes guy.  He could eat beef everyday, but I won't let him.😊  He wasn't sure about this idea when I introduced it, but he's on board with it now.  Especially because Meatless Monday includes pasta.  And my homemade sauce.  That's the plan for tonight...Pasta.  If my market has Rana mushroom ravioli (for which I have a coupon), I may get a little splurgy.  Otherwise it will just be a regular short cut variety. (I don't do well with long noodles...messy eater.)  With Grilled Romaine.  Josh's will be Caesar, mine just with vinegar and oil.

TUESDAY We do our Family Worship evening on Tuesday evenings...before dinner.  This means dinner has to cook while we study.  This week I have planned a Mediterranean Sheet Tray meal.  Chicken thighs, cauliflower, peppers, artichokes, kalamata olives, onion, garlic, oregano.  Should be yummy and leave leftovers for Josh's lunches.

WEDNESDAY  This is DateNight.  I have a plan, but you have to wait.  Sorry.

THURSDAY  Chicken Fajita Salads with Grilled Corn.  I am trying to get us to eat more salads and this is one of our favorites.  Because the weather is so nice right now, I can prepare all of this on the grill.  And I may even do this on Wednesday.  

FRIDAY  If you've been paying attention, you'll notice some leftover potententials.  If I  play my cards right and we are not entertaining over the weekend, I don't have to cook again till Monday next.  We have a couple of take out places that we support regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment