Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Monday got away from me.  I had planned to blog, but ran out of time.  That's true of so many things for so many of us!

But I do want to share my meal plan and even some recipes with you.  As I said last week, Mondays are meatless in our house.  Last week I was able to get the mushroom ravioli and I found  a parmesan "cream" sauce to go with it.  It was yummy.  There were no leftovers.  Yesterday we had pasta with my "gravy."  Italians call tomato sauces gravy and I am half Italian. So there you go.  We had red lentil pasta last night.  I got to have a little bit more for fewer WW points.  Josh didn't love the texture, I was okay with it.

I thought I'd share my gravy recipe with you.

  • EVOO
  • Yellow onion
  • Garlic
  • Tomato Paste
  • Crushed tomatoes...from a can.  I like Cento.
  • Salt, pepper, Italian herbs
I'm sure you noticed the lack of measurements.  That's not helpful and I'm sorry.  Last night I used about a tsp of oil, half a chopped onion, and 4 cloves of minced garlic.  I used fresh herbs from my herb garden and also added 4 or 5 Calabrian peppers.  It was also Cento's All in One tomatoes...kinda a chunky crushed. 

Heat the oil, add the onion on medium heat. Season with the addition of each ingredients...salt, pepper and herbs.  Add tomato paste; stir into onions till they are coated.  Mix in garlic.  Keep an eye on the heat...burnt garlic is bitter.  I added the peppers at this poin, too with another hit of the seasonings.  I'm talking about a pinch of Kosher salt and a grind of pepper and maybe a T of chopped fresh herbs (dried is much MUCH less).  Now add the tomatoes and stir.  Leave the lid a little off the pan and lower heat all the way.  Stir occasionally to prevent sticking to the pan.

Meanwhile, get your salted water boiling for the pasta.  Drop your pasta when you have a rolling boil.  Cook 2 minutes less than Al Dente.  Why?  Because you will transfer the pasta from it's cooking pot to the sauce to finish cooking.  A little of the starchy cooking water will cling to the noodles and help the sauce to cling to them.

We also had small salads...Caesar for Josh, roasted beets for me.  And we enjoyed Bake at Home French rolls.  A nice little a splurge for me.

So that was Monday.

Tuesday

I am grilling the main course and the broccoli.  This is a link to the chicken: 

 https://www.skinnytaste.com/korean-grilled-chicken-breast 

I have made this recipe before and we really enjoyed it.  The broccoli recipe came from WW.  Basically, you break into florets and toss in EVOO spray, salt and pepper.  When you pull after 6-8 minutes you toss it in soy sauce and lemon juice.  I am also making baked potatoes...russet for Josh, sweet for me.  My produce boxes have chock-a-block full of both kinds of taters.  We won't reach 70 degrees today, so heating up the oven isn't such a bad idea.

Wednesday is DateNight.  Not telling you my plans. You will have to come back on Friday to see the details.

The rest of my week is kinda busy.  I have to get my Friday chores done tomorrow as the carpets are being cleaned Friday morning.  Josh is taking the day off...can't be on calls when it's too noisy.  We are planning a nice afternoon.

This is what I'm cooking this week.  How bout you?


happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment