Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Foods!!!!

My last post had nothing to do with food.  So I thought I ought to tell you what's been cooking in my kitchen.

Pineapple Salsa!

Technically, this is a no cook recipe, but you should see it anyway.   Fresh pinepple, pineapple sage (my herb pot runneth over with this), red onion, jalapeno, lime zest and juice.  Yum!  I made this yesterday with the plan to mix it with avocado and into the rice I will make tonight.  I think that will make a tasty side to for my Salsa Verde chicken.

Then last night I made roasted fruit for dessert.  I usually only make dessert on DateNight or for company.  Well I had the fruit, thinking my sister in law was coming over on Sunday.  She didn't and the fruit needed to be used.  This was a combo of peaches, strawberries and  blueberries.  I had a whipped some cream last week and a dollop of that with some toasted almond slivers made for a nice last minute dessert.  This fruit roasted with  brown sugar at 350 for 30 minutes. Again I say Yum!




I have definitely cooked more than just these 2 things and many of them can be seen on my Instagram page but this is what I chose to share right now.

happy cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment