Wednesday, July 20, 2016

DateNight--July 20, 2016

So in the midst of the crazy cleaning, I prepped a pretty good looking DN meal.

It actually started yesterday when I marinated the flank steak.  It's been in the fridge for about 30 hours now.



It kinda blends in with the granite, but that's really just the grainy mustard, basil and balsamic vinegar.

To go with the flank steak, I will be grilling sugar snap peas.  That's right, I said I'd be grilling them.

                            
  


First I put some olive oil, lemon zest, black pepper and fresh thyme in a zip top bag and massaged it around.. Then I added my skewered snap peas to the bag and gently (you don't want to puncture the bag) massaged that.



When I take them off the grill I will toss them in this lemon juice garlic mixture.

I have never done this before.  I was determined to prepare them on the grill with the steak and saw pictures of something like this Pinterest.  Not exactly this recipe or method.  I'll let you know how it works.

Hubby always has to have potatoes with his beef.


These will roast at 425 for about 45 minutes.  Because I like them crispy, I will make sure that all the cut sides are on the foil.

(On a side note, are you understanding how much I really don't enjoy washing dishes?  Zip top bags for marinating, foil lined pans for roasting.  I couldn't make that work for dessert or appetizer.)

Dessert!  Chocolate Banana Mini Chip Cupcakes.

                                     

Total cheater here...this is a box cake mix.  I added my bananas (thawed from the freezer), 1 egg  and a bunch of mini chocolate chips.  They baked for about 22 minutes.  I think.  I checked them after 17 and thought I set the timer for an additional 3 minutes.  Turned out I set it for 3 hours!!!!  I think I rescued them in time.

Appetizer I have no pictures of.  I haven't made it yet.  It will be a caramelized onion and goat cheese flat bread.

We will have Manhattans (or maybe Martinis...have to ponder on this) with our appetizer and red wine with dinner.  Probably there will be whisky with dessert.  Usually is.

That's all from me.

happy cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment