Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Busy, busy, busy

I know that's not really an excuse to go 14 mos without a post.  I don't really have a good reason. Life just got in the way.

But I've made some adjustments to my weekly schedule.  I've followed it for the last 5 or 6  weeks and it feels like habit now.  It does continue to get tweaked, but for the most part, it stays the same.

Let me share my schedule.  This is what works for me.

Every day my husband and I start the day with some morning worship while we drink our coffee. This is one of my favorite things.  We sart together on the same page.

MTW and F I follow that with some personal Bible study.  And then I eat breakfast and take a nap.  I know.  A nap first thing in the morning.  I don't sleep so well at night sometimes.  I don't always fall asleep, but that time between 7:30 and 9:00 is allocated as such.

By 9, usually, I am ready to start my chores.

On Monday I tackle our bedroom and bathroom.  Now that the bedroom has regular attention (meaning I dust every week, not just change the sheets) I find that other bad habits have righted themselves eg I know longer hang my clothes on the dresser...they make it all the way to the closet. I'm proud of this.  Hubs would like the shoe garage under the dresser to go away.  We'll see.

Tuesday is about laundry.  I also try to make my personal appointments on Tuesday.  Does'nt always work. Not all the people I need to see are available on Tuesday.  This is also the day I run errands and go to the market.  Today, I'll leave about 1:45 and drop clothes at the cleaners, stop at the drug store. Then I have a dental appointment and I'll go to the market.  Dinner tonight is fairly simple...Salsa Verde chicken in the crock pot and Rice baked in the oven (best way I've ever made rice!  I'll tell you about in another post.)

In addition to being DateNight, Wednesday is also the day that I dust the rest of the house and vacuum.  Now that I've been at this schedule for a few weeks, this is a pretty easy day.  Depending on how elaborate DN is, I can do a deeper clean. Last week for example, I spent a loooong time with QTip and a pledge wipe cleaning the molding in my coffee table.  Once the surfaces are clean, you can't help but notice the dirt beneath. UGH!!!

Thursday, well Thursdays I do nothing.  Literally nothing. After morning worship I take NyQuil and fall asleep until it's time to get Hubby his lunch.  Did I mention that he works from home on Thurs?  He does.  The afternoon is all dozey until it's time for my shower before our meeting.  Dinner is always, ALWAYS, a frozen pizza on Thursday.

My Fridays change.  Every other I spend in the ministry.  As far a s housework goes, it could be mopping the kitchen floor or vacuuming the downstair entry area.  It might be that I have other errands to do.  Friday is my slush day, my catch up day.


That's what's going on with me.  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment