Friday, August 15, 2014

Kitchen Remodel...Day 7.5

So things happened today!!!

For example, my fridge moved upstairs!



Isn't she pretty.  I may be in love.
You're probably noticing that the fridge is sticking way out.  While we didn't buy a counter depth fridge, it will sit farther back.  That won't happen until after the counters are installed. You see (or probably you don't because I've had to have it explained to me multiple times) the finish plumbing won't happen until the new sink is installed.  That won't happen until the counters are installed. And that can't happen until the new sink cabinet front is delivered.  Alas, it was damaged in transit and despite being expedited is taking much longer than expected.  After it is received the sink cabinet can be built.  THEN the counter be installed.  It is my hope that all of this happens next week as the counters are scheduled to be installed 8/27.  We shall see.

Next, the GC gave me temporary counters.  Plywood, MDF, whatever.  Yay!!!  Chopping veggie and other things on my little deck table was getting old.

You can see, we immediately put the new counters to good use by making cocktailss

After that, and possibly most importantly, my Josh helped bring the contents of the old fridge up to the new.




Again, I think I'm in love. So much room for so much good food!

The last thing that happened was that I received from my wonderful mama, the really cool paper towel holder I had admired, and quite honestly desired.

In my finished kitchen I see this behind my sink.  A good use, I think, for that otherwise useless triangle space.

The paper towel holder came just in time.  I made my first big mess in my kitchen.  I know.  It's not even done.  I wasn't even cooking.  In moving a bottle of grenadine into the fridge it slipped; the bottle broke.  It was sad.  But it was also bound to happen.

The contractor took pity on  me with my stunted project. He is coming back on Monday to rig up a temporary sink for me.  Woohoo!

That's all from the reno zone.









No comments:

Post a Comment