Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Kitchen Remodel...Day 7

I love my new kitchen. It's not complete yet, but I love it.

These pictures don't really do it justice. I can't wait for it to be finished so you can come to see it.

Pantry cabinet.  Pull out drawers insid.

Sink cabinet.  

On the left is my pantry cabinet. You can see that it's proximity to the window is going to require some creative decorating.  I'm open to suggestions.  On the left side (from the window) you see the cabinet for my oven/microwave.  That cabinet hasn't been hung yet as we are still working out some electrical bugs for my oven.  At the front of the pic, pulled away from the wall, is my cook top cabinet.  It will not be protruding in the final version.  The gas line needs to be moved a little.

Upper cabinets.  Yes they are tall.  And yes I am not.  That's what step stools are for.

Today, the granite guy comes to measure.  I'm hopeful that tomorrow one of the guys will be here to fix the gas line issue, install my cabinet shelves and add the hardware. Once that happens, I can start to load the cabinets.  Even without a finished kitchen, I'll feel more in control then.

There is still much work to be done.  The oven issue has to be resolved.  When that's taken care of, that cabinet can be hung.  That has to happen before they can hang the uppers on that side of the kitchen.

The sink base was delivered damaged as was the wine rack.  Those things have been reordered and rushed.  They should be here in a week.

And, of course, my appliances need to be installed.  Dishwasher, new sink, and cooktop are dependent on the counters.  


No comments:

Post a Comment