Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Date Night--Wednesday August 13

My kitchen still isn't done.  Nowhere near completion.  I went into Lowes this morning and watched emails get sent to the contractor...AGAIN, but still haven't heard from him.

Anyhoo, it's Date Night and I'm trying my hardest to make a nice one.

I was in the mood for shrimp and had decided that we'd have shrimp cocktail for dinner.  So I bought 20 shrimp at Mariano's.  The lovely, very helpful fish monger weighed my shrimp, printed off the label and then added another handful to the bag.  Then, after I had told her that today is National Filet Mignon Day, she took me to "the wall" to show me a much cheaper ($3!!!) cut.  I bought it and we'll give it a try.  (I think it was labeled "chuck roast tenders.) Right now it's in the fridge smeared with garlic an Dijon mustard.

I found a cucumber tomato salad on LaaLoosh that was low in points and easy on the dressing as we are still eating on paper plates with plastic utensils. I modified it a little based on what I had and what I like, but this is basically what it looks like.  Or what I hope it will look like when it's out of the zip top bag in the fridge..

Cucumber Tomato Salad

This is dessert.  Mind you, I'll be serving it in a plastic cup.  This washing dishes in our bathroom is the pits.

balsamic strawberries

It's strawberries in balsamic with a little grind of black pepper.  I'll serve it with vanilla greek yogurt.

I do realize that I'm telling you about dinner all out order.  My life seems a little out of order so I ask you to please forgive me.

Cocktails are Martinis.

Appetizer involves proscuitto.  Mine with melon, Josh's wrapped around a breadstick with a hunk or two of parm.

These are my dinner plans, how 'bout yours?

happy cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment