But it has me craving soup. Homemade soup. Wild Mushroom soup.
Fresh Wild Mushroom Soup
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 6 ounces crimini (baby bella) mushrooms, chopped
- 6 ounces fresh oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 6 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 cups beef broth
Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté until golden, about 5 minutes. Add all mushrooms and thyme; sauté until mushrooms begin to brown, about 8 minutes. Add brandy; stir 30 seconds, then mix in flour. Slowly stir in broth; bring soup to boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls.