Friday, January 4, 2013

I've not been feeling like myself...

This has been for a little while now.  No specific symptoms, just general malaise.

But it has me craving soup.  Homemade soup.  Wild Mushroom soup.

Fresh Wild Mushroom Soup

Ingredients

  • 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
  • 2 cups finely chopped onions
  • 6 ounces crimini (baby bella) mushrooms, chopped
  • 6 ounces fresh oyster mushrooms, chopped
  • 6 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps chopped
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
  • 3 tablespoons brandy
  • 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
  • 4 cups beef broth


Preparation

Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté until golden, about 5 minutes. Add all mushrooms and thyme; sauté until mushrooms begin to brown, about 8 minutes. Add brandy; stir 30 seconds, then mix in flour. Slowly stir in broth; bring soup to boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls.

Now, when I make this (probably not till next week), I'll serve it with warm crusty bread.

I hope I'll be feeling more like myself  by then.

happy cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment