Thursday, January 10, 2013

Date Night--1/9/13

So this week was my first Date Nigh on WW.

And it was good!!!  I stayed on track and had appetizer (stuffed mushrooms), cocktail (mini Manhattan), dinner (Fresh Wild Mushroom Soup) and dessert (a strawberry smoothie WW bar).  All that and I only had to dip into my "bonus" weekly points for 1 point.

So recipes.

Stuffed Mushrooms (1 point)

3 mushroom caps*

.5 T reduced fat cream cheese
.5 tsp garlic powder
freshly ground black pepper
1 crushed rosemary and olive oil Crunchmasters Seed Cracker

Mix the cream cheese with the garlic powder and pepper; top with cracker crumbs and microwave for 90 seconds.

*I built this recipe on WW.  There was no quantity for mushroom cap by number--just by cup.  And veggies are 0 points.  So stuff as many caps as you can with the quantity of stuffing this yields.

Mini Manhattan (5 points)

Our regular Manhattan just 2 oz (5 points) instead of 4 oz (10 points)

Fresh Wild Mushroom Soup (6 points)

Ingredients


  • 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
  • 2 cups finely chopped onions
  • 6 ounces crimini (baby bella) mushrooms, chopped
  • 6 ounces fresh oyster mushrooms, chopped
  • 6 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps chopped
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
  • 3 tablespoons brandy
  • 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
  • 4 cups beef broth

Preparation

Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté until golden, about 5 minutes. Add all mushrooms and thyme; sauté until mushrooms begin to brown, about 8 minutes. Add brandy; stir 30 seconds, then mix in flour. Slowly stir in broth; bring soup to boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls. 
 
***So, I used 1 c leeks and 1 c onion.  I had no brandy, so I subbed Marsala which brought the points from 7 to 6.
 
I also ate one Rhodes dinner roll with my soup (1 point)
 
Dessert seems pretty self explanatory.  I made Josh brake and bake Choc Chip cookies and I had my dessert bar.

Tonight's dinner is leftover soup.  Yum. 

happy cooking
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment