Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday Night Dinner with Grandma 1/7/13

I started Weight Watchers today.  So far, so good.  I even exercised a little bit.

But enough about me.

Here is tonight's recipe:
 

Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms

Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms
Weight Watchers Recipe
4.5 Stars
Ratings (3350) Rate it
4PointsPlus Value
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
Other time: 0 min
Serves: 4
For a different flair, substitute dry white wine for the chicken broth, then sprinkle on a few spoonfuls of chopped sun-dried tomatoes with the mushrooms.

Ingredients

2 tsp vegetable oil   
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar   
2 tsp Dijon mustard   
1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), crushed   
  1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4-oz pieces   
  2 cup(s) fresh mushroom(s), small, halved   
1/3 cup(s) canned chicken broth   
1/4 tsp dried thyme, crumbled   

Instructions

  • In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil.
  • In a medium bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of vinegar, the mustard and garlic. Add chicken and turn to coat.
  • Transfer chicken and marinade to skillet. Sauté chicken until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm.
  • Heat remaining teaspoon of oil in skillet. Sauté mushrooms for 1 minute. Add broth, thyme and remaining tablespoon of vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are deep brown, about 2 minutes longer.
  • Serve chicken topped with mushrooms. 
I think it looks very tasty and  not at all diet-y.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

I'll be serving it with cut green beans (you've gotta love Green Giant).  Veggies (and most fruit, too) are pretty much all 0 points.

I don't really have anything to bring for dessert.  (I have WW ice cream treats and wine for when I get home.)  There may be some pudding left;  I have some graham crackers; and there are mini marshmallows where I'm going.  There may be some kind of S'Mores creation to be had.  We'll see.

all in all, I wish you

happy cooking






2 comments: