Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pot Roasted Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Onions

...and parsnips... 'cause I love 'em!

So I belong to the "Cooking Club."  Most of the time I throw the magazine with out making any of the recipes.  This issue (Winter 2012) has a recipe that I am  going to make.  Tonight, in fact.

I'm not going to retype the recipe, but I can give you the highlights.

1.  mix S&P, poultry seasoning, and thyme with softened unsalted butter
2.  coat chicken (in my case bone-in, skin-on breasts and thighs) with half butter mixture
3.  brown poultry in olive oil and remove
4.  add onions, garlic (parsnips) and sweet potato rounds in stages
5.  stir in remaining butter mixture
6.  add chicken back to the pot, nestling in one layer over veggies
7.  press a parchment round over everything, put the lid on the pot and bake for one hour at 350

This is dinner tonight.  How 'bout you?

happy cooking

1 comment: