Thursday, July 31, 2014

Kitchen Remodel--Day 2

Day 2 didn't yield the dramatic pictures that the first day did, but some very important things did happen.


For example, the hole in the ceiling was repaired.  In fact, all the holes (pictures and such) were repaired.


The little counter between the kitchen and dining room was removed.  It will be replaced with granite when the counters are done.

After several trips to Lowes and a few phone calls EVERYTHING else for this job was delivered yesterday.

That included appliances:
 
Fridge (there will be handles ;) )


Fridge open

                                 

Oven/microwave


My dishwasher and cooktop were also delivered, but they are in boxes...not so interesting to look at.  

Other things delivered were tiles.  Back splash and floor.


These are some of the decorative tiles that will go above my cooktop.  The bulk of the back splash will be bisque colored subway tile.



This is my floor tile.  Isn't it pretty?


Won't this be stunning when the whole floor is done?  That is today's project.

Now you may be wondering how we are eating with my kitchen in shambles. We went out on Tuesday, but last night I grilled.  An entire meal! Chicken, potatoes and green beans.  It was really good.  I'll grill again this evening. The novelty of preparing meals at my little deck table will quickly grow thin, but for now I'm managing.

More tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment