Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I haven't stopped cooking...or End of Summer Ecaudoran Cocktail Party




In fact, I've been doing quite a lot of cooking...no just for my cocktail party, either.

I'll break this up into multiple posts.

Cocktail Party first.


We have friends who have been "need-greating" in Ecuador for about 8 years.  They had a baby a little more than a year ago.  They come back to the states a couple times a year to make money.  We try to do as much as we can with them while their here.  There are many pulls for their attention, so we don't get much.  A cocktail party with some of their friends and family seemed like a good idea.

I'll let the pictures explain what I made:


These are caprese bites--half  cherry tomato, one small balls of mozzarella, (bocacinni), the other tomato half, and a basil leaf.

  

This is may most basic and size appropriate antipasto  tray ever. No leftovers (okay, I sent them home with my guests).




  

 Deviled eggs.  I don't love 'em; Josh does.  Still looking for recipe.  These were only okay.




Pineapple and raspberries.



 Finally the beehive cake.  There was lemon and honey in the batter.  The drizzle over the top was honey and confectioners sugar.  So yummy.  The bee was not edible.  It was a push pin that I had made approximately 12 years ago.


This ends my photo essay of my cocktail party.  Josh handle the drinks.

I'll try to post more tomorrow.

happy cooking!

4 comments:

  1. The next time I hear you're having a cocktail party, I'm inviting myself. Everything looked wonderfully delicious. Either that or you can save the leftovers for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. ;) Bee-yoo-tiful spread! I think I pinned a deviled eggs recipe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you recognize the caprese bites as being something you pinned?

      Delete
  3. Yes. I'm so glad you're actually trying some of these recipes as I haven't tried too many. I can HIGHLY recommend the black bean quinoa burgers if you're ever looking for a veggie burger recipe. Oh and I tagged you in the deviled eggs pin. :)

    ReplyDelete