Monday, August 13, 2012

I haven't stopped cooking...

The last month-6 weeks have been anything but normal, but I think things are finally calming down.

Maybe.  I hope.

We are having a date night tonight.  I know it's Monday, but sometimes that's the way it has to be.

So I am making  Pasta with Fried Eggs, Caramelized Onions, and Bacon. 

Basically it's a pasta carbonara dish.  I'm not sure whether I'll put the spinach in the dish (as the recipe prescribes) or whether I'll serve the spinach as a salad.  At first I thought salad (hubby claims he doesn't like cooked spinach), but all of the ingredients for a classic spinach salad (bacon, eggs) are IN the pasta dish.  Josh will just have to broaden his spinach horizons.

I will be making a small pizza for our appetizer.  Italian cheeses, garlic and tomato and basil from my "jungle."  Josh will be making the cocktails.

Dessert is still up in the air. I'll take suggestions.

That's all I have for now.  I do have other meals (okay, all of them) planned for this week.  Maybe I'll share them.  :-)

For now, though, I'm done.

happy cooking






1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete