Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Date Night--October 1, 2014

Quick kitchen update--it's not done.  It won't be done by our anniversary.  Lowe's has brought it a new contractor.  This one seems competent.

Now on to the reason you're hear  DATE NIGHT!!!!

In my kitchen renovation, I have moved all of the china out of the china/liquor cabinet making it a dedicated BAR cabinet!



Josh worked really, really hard at setting this up the way he really, really wanted.  Now this is a really, really old piece of furniture.  And the lock on the left door is wonky--really, really wonky.  That is the portion of the cabinet that houses the cocktail shaker and the cocktail glasses.  

We had been leaving that door ajar.  Until this morning when I was cleaning up my kitchen.  I accidentally locked the shaker in the cabinet.  Josh has the magic touch and he will free it and then he will make martinis. I'm sad that I can't open it and make the cocktails myself.

With the cocktails we will be having fruit (honeycrisp apple and grapes) with cheddar cheese and yummy crackers.

Dinner is Crispy Cheddar Chicken from LaaLoosh.

Crispy Cheddar Chicken

I will be accompanying it with roasted garlic broccoli.


Recipe: Skinny Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread | Skinny Mom | Where Moms Get the Skinny on Healthy Living

I did not actually grate my zucchini.  I shredded it.  Which means you can tell that it's there.  I've had the tiniest of tastes and you can't really taste the zucchini.  But you can see it.  I recommend grating it.  Easier to fool the chocoholic veggie phobic husband in the house.

That's all the news from here.  I think I'll go wrestle with the bar cabinet door once more.

happy cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment