Now to Date Night. Actually happening on Wednesday! Happened with a plan. Mostly. Some things got ad libbed and altered as the day progressed.
So I'll start at the beginning. Of the evening that is. I made dessert first. :-)
Cocktails and Appetizers
Josh and I had discussed Martinis and I liked that idea. A lot actually. And then I went outside. And the sun was shining and it was, dare I say it, actually a little warm. I found myself wanting something with St. Germain...an elderflower liqueur.
Well that is what the webber-net is for, isn't it? Quick search yielded an Elderflower Gin Fizz. Exactly what I was looking forward. Done and done!
To pair with it? I bought this very fancy goat cheese-crandberry-port terrine looking thing at the market today. I also bought a new varietal of apple out of France (how fancy). It's called Tentation. I already had some yummy dried figs and crackers with cranberries and hazelnuts in them. Some combination of all of that will pair nicely with our drinks. At least I hope so.
Crock Pot Lemon Chicken (or Slow Cooker Italian Lemon Chicken---I found it both ways)
Instead of 1/4 c butter I used 2 T of light butter and 1.5 T of EVOO.
We had rice the last two nights. And pasta on Sunday. It had to be potatoes tonight, right?
Garlic Roasted Potatoes with Cilantro and Lemon
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 pounds small red skin potatoes, quartered
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rindDirections:
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees and prepare baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil coated in cooking spray.
- Combine garlic and olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove garlic with a slotted spoon and set aside in a bowl.
- Place quartered potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle garlic oil over them. Toss to coat the potatoes.
- Arrange potatoes on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown; toss halfway through cook time. Remove from oven and place into serving dish.
- Combine reserved garlic, Cilantro, and lemon rind. Sprinkle mixture evenly over potatoes. Season with salt and pepper (to taste).
I wasn't really in a cilantro place so I'm using thyme. I wanted broccoli to represent at the green veggie, but the garlic oil and the gremalata for the potatoes sounded so yummy, that I've tossed in couple small heads of broccoli. They will roast in the high heat together and be very comfortable.
Lemon Bars. Now I've made lemon bars before. I've even made WW lemon bars before. And these are that, but so SO SOOO much better than my previous recipe.
I know from previous experience, that one is just not enough. And there is a strawberry too. I think Amaretto would pair nicely with this.
So this is what's cooking in my kitchen. How 'bout yours?