Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Date Night--March 27, 2013

Okay, I'm a little embarrassed.  I knew that I had made the Korean Style Flank Steak before, I just didn't remember that it was the last date night I posted.  Whoops!  We really liked it and I'm making it again. (See the post 3/14/13 for the recipe.)  This time I marinated it from last night--the flavor should be very intense.

So we've covered the Main Course.

Once again (sorry), we're having shrimp cocktail for our appetizer.  It' so tasty!

As for beverages,   I'm having a 0 pt fizzy lemon/limeade thingy for the cocktail portion of the evening.  I'll make my love a gin gimlet.  He'll be happy.

Side dishes--well the beef gets served with a salad and I think I'll make some broccoli, too.  I have potato innards that I'll mash for Josh.  He'll be happy and I'll get space back in my fridge and a gain another container.

The best part of the evening's meal will be dessert.



Chocolate Chip Cannoli Cups
Source: inspired by Gimme Some Oven

Ingredients:
15 Frozen Mini Phyllo Shells (I used Athens brand)
2 oz Marscapone cheese (I used BelGioso brand)
2/3 cup fat free Ricotta cheese
3 T powdered sugar
¼ t vanilla
A pinch of cinnamon (a little goes a long way!)
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips, divided

Directions:
1.    Place phyllo shells* on the counter to thaw for at least 10-15 minutes.
2.    In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the marscapone, ricotta, powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon and stir together until thoroughly mixed. Reserve a small pile of the chocolate chips for topping and stir the remainder into the cheese mixture.
3.    Spoon the filling evenly between all the phyllo shells. Sprinkle reserved chocolate chips over the tops and serve. *I recommend you only defrost/fill as many as you plan to eat at once so that the shells stay crispy.

Yields 15 cups. WW P+: 2 per cup (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Nutrition Information per cup from myfitnesspal.com: 63 calories, 7 g carbs, 3 g fat, 2 g protein, 0 g fiber










Don't they just look so cute and tasty?!  I've been waiting to make these for a week now.

Having just said that, I gots to go.  I've got potatoes to mash, cocktail sauce to make, and canonoli cups to assemble.

happy cooking!

1 comment: