Friday, May 1, 2015

Dump recipes and Tomatoes!

So I was a busy girl today.

My husband was home sick.  So I quickly rearranged my plans to be more available to him.

But, honestly, how much effort did you think that took?  More mental and emotional than physical.

So, what did I did I do?  I went to the market and bought the ingredients to make 5 (you read that right 1...2...3...4...5!!!) meals for my in-laws.  It's not really as much as I'm making it sound.  These are "dump" recipes.  See, I put all of the ingredients in in zip-top bags with some chicken.  They can be either baked in the oven (350 for one hour) or cooked in the crock pot (3-4 hours on low).  Really it as easy peasy...done in one hour.

But then....

Then, well what do you make of this?


Is it salsa?  Bruschetta?

Actually, it's BOTH!!!!

I realized a little while ago that my bruschetta and my salsa begin the same way. With Tomatoes, Red Onion, and Garlic.

Knowing that my meals for the next week included both bruschetta and salsa, I processed 10 cups of tomatoes, onions, and garlic.

It proved successful already.  Dinner tonight was Italian Sausage (which I grilled...I love keeping the cooking mess outside) topped with bruschetta. I just added some EVOO, balsamic, mozzarella and basil!

To make it salsa, I'll add jalapeno, cilantro, and chile powder.  Maybe a little cayenne, too.

They are both oh-so-good.  And oh-so-done!!!!

That's all from my kitchen.

happy cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment